Tuesday 8 June 2010

Race for Life!

On Sunday I took part in the Nottingham Race for Life in support of Cancer Research UK. It's the first time I've ever took part in something like that. I'm very excited about my medal! More excited than I expected to be!

Alright, so I didn't run it all. But I ran at the start, walked at top pace throughout, and ran the last stretch, completing the 5 km in 43 mins. And so far I've raised £150... not bad. Thank you to everyone who's sponsored me. If you haven't yet, and would like to contribute to my fundraising effort, please visit http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org. (link now closed)

I'm aching a lot more than I thought I would. Reminds me how unfit I am. But then I suppose, when I haven't been to the gym in weeks due to illness, I can't expect much else. And when I do go, I manage once a week if I'm lucky.

So I have a question. How do mums find time for exercise? Those of you who manage it; could you please share your secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...