Wednesday 27 March 2013

Pampering facials: treat yourself at Pure

I have experienced an hour and a half of pure lush.

From the relaxing back massage, to the repeated application of cream after cream gently onto my face, to the head massage and the slightly weird and smelly, but incredibly relaxing, mud pack that bubbled away under my back as I lay there. It was all gorgeous.

Why should I bother with a facial?


Some of you lucky readers will have pure, silky, smooth, alabaster skin. Flawless and wrinkle-free; yours will be the faces that I glower jealously at, if I pass you on the street, for my skin, after nearly 40 years, is suffering.



I have pale English rose skin, which sounds fabulous, but isn't really when you factor in: years of only bothering to clean it with harsh soap as a child; over exposure to the sun during my teenage years in the 80s desperately attempting to tan it safely but getting the UVB factors completely wrong; 10 years of wearing makeup but regularly neglecting to clean it off properly before retiring to bed, and too much wine-drinking and a lack of water-drinking over the years.

In consequence I now have dehydrated skin which has new wrinkles appearing daily, a slight red tinge to the cheeks and so many freckles and moles it's not so much concealer that I need, rather concrete-thick face paint.

So I should definitely bother with a facial. And if you have a tendency to any, or all, of the above, you should to.

But what type of facial?


That, my lovely readers, depends entirely on your skin type. Find an excellent local beauty salon, speak to the beautician, tell them your vices, and let them treat you to a facial that will suit your specific skin and bring back a youthful glow; if only because you get to spend over an hour on your own without kids or work beckoning.

Time and space to relax just for you. What's not to like?

What does a facial involve?


Facials have definitely come on a bit over the last 20 years. My earliest memories of facials involved a basic cleanse, tone and moisturise. A face pack which they left on for ages to go cold and then struggled to peel it off, and the traditional cucumbers placed over the eyes for far too long. All in all the process used to take about half an hour, and a facial I experienced as a teenager left me with more spots than when I started.

The science has moved on somewhat. Not only did I get a thorough cleanse and moisturise of the face, with various different lotions and potions, My body was detoxed and my back and head massaged in the process, in a holistic approach which seeks to relax you, hydrate your skin and treat your body. It all took 90 minutes and every minute was bliss.

Charlotte, my beauty angel, even reminded me to drink plenty of water afterwards to continue the process of detox that the weird and wonderful bubbling mud pack had started.

All in it cost me £39.50 and was worth every penny.

So where can I get mine?


My preferred salon is in the East Midlands, UK. To find your local, and best salon don't even bother looking online; ask your friends. You know; the friends that always look preened. They'll know which are the best and which not to bother with. Utilise your social network and seek out a local recommendation.

Have fun and relax. Go on, treat yourself. If you don't, who will?

***

Pure can be found snuck away in a gym off Chesterfield Road, a few miles south of Sheffield. Visit the Pure website and treat yourself today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...