Monday 4 June 2012

Out of the mouths of babes (June 2012)


This weekend my daughter, 6 years old, was watching the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the television.  The Queen hadn't yet arrived and my daughter was getting a little frustrated and bored watching all the other Royals arrive and take what seemed like forever to get on the boat. 

"Where's the Queen, mummy?"  she asked
"I'm not sure darling" I responded.
"I know." She said.  "She's late".
"I don't think she is love."
"Yes she is, mummy.  She probably needed a poo poo."

Children are so brilliantly literal and marvellously insightful!  If you have a blog, post your story and link it up here using the instructions below.  If not; simply sit back, grab a cuppa, and enjoy the growing list of posts as they appear in the list below.

Here's May's edition for your giggling pleasure.


Instructions

1.  Grab my button and paste it at the top or bottom of your post, to enable readers to get back to the main list.  (Please let me know if the code doesn't work.  It's the first time I've tried this!)

outofthemouthsofbabes


2.  Publish your post on your blog.
3.  Add your post URL to the Linky tool below and watch your post appear as if by magic to the main list.

Thanks for sharing!

6 comments:

  1. Funnily enough, my husband was saying the same thing earlier, but I think he was just showing off to the kids!
    Now I'm going to add you a post, but you so know I'm not going to use your link :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, my 2 year old is the same. He was calling the Queen a "ratbag" and laughing hysterically. He doesn't even know what one is, but she sure was one apparently ;)

    Good luck at the blogging convention!

    Sara-Jayne
    www.keep-up-with-the-jones-family.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting Ladies.

    Sorry for not replying earlier - just catching up after hols. I hope you all enjoy the posts. Please pop back at the start of July for more "Out of the mouths of babes".

    Oh, and the convention was fun Sara; more on that to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! love it even queens have to poo!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...