Friday 16 December 2011

Wearing Pyjamas on the school run - I'm not proud

OK, I admit it. I didn't technically get dressed this morning. But I stress the 'technically'. It's not like I had my best lingerie on; baby doll nightie's don't sit well with blue noses in this wintry weather, and I wouldn't want to freak out the local Lollipop man.

But I did leave my comfy Canterbury of New Zealand jogging bottoms on. I didn't bother with a bra, and with my big blue coat, snow boots and scarf, who really noticed?

I though I said in the title that I'm not proud, actually, I have realised that I am pretty proud of myself.  Obviously not for helping the cause (it's definitely not one of my yummiest mummy moments, particularly as I haven't yet mentioned that I didn't even brush my hair. OK, I'm ashamed at that bit. I apologise profusely and ask for Santa's forgiveness).

I am proud that, by getting my daughter to school on time, despite appearances, I put her education before my vanity. And frankly, I think I consider that fairly yummy in itself.

What do you think? Is it ever OK to be so ungroomed at the school gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Share with StumbleUpon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...